This is a variant on the old bread and butter pudding. I initially replaced butter with peanut butter (and that is a great option) but the fat content made the total calories per serve much higher. This is the “base” recipe and you can add other fruits or flavourings if you want. The recipe is for 4 large serves.
1. Spray a baking pan and preheat oven to 180C
2. Tear bits of bread and layer along the bottom. Then slice banana thinly. Repeat until 4 pieces of bread and 2 bananas used up.
3. Combine the milk, egg, egg whites, cinnamon, cocoa powder, sweetener and protein powder into a mixing bowl and stir.
4. Pour wet mixture over the top of the bread and banana and pat down with a fork until everything is covered by the liquid.
5. Place into oven and cook for approximately 40-45mins or until top is golden brown. (Can check it is cooked through by poking with a knife)